Saturday, December 16, 2006

The most wonderful time of the month

I know this sounds counterintuitive, but I'm beginning to think that the two week wait is the best part of the month. It's really the only part of the month when you have the faintest hope that hoping and trying might indeed shortly turn into being and having. Sadly, I'm in the tail end of my 2ww; my temp dropped precipitously this morning, and hope is on her way out the door to make room for what now looks like an inevitable visit from AF. Bitch. Needless to say, I'm really upset. Hubby and I were really really hoping for a Christmas sticky bun.

What's worse, I'm only 11dpo today, so the precipitous temp drop on 11dpo for the second month in a row makes it look more and more like I might have some sort of luteal phase issues. We'll have to see. We're meeting with our RE next Friday. Now that we're 10 months post miscarriage, I hope that he's less dismissive of us than he was last time. If not, we might have to look into a nicer doc, because I'm not happy about this whole process to begin with, and the last thing we need is a casually dismissive doctor.

Bah. Humbug.

No comments: