Friday, February 02, 2007

great minds...

Speaking of seeing themes on fertility blogs, I just stumbled on a blog of someone who was also pondering and struggling this week with the hope/fear of all of this... She describes more articulately than I what makes all of this so hard sometimes:

"It feels like you're waiting to be picked. And though there are things you can do to ensure that you won't be chosen (not having sex, let's say. Or not turning in your paperwork for an adoption or not showing up for the egg retrieval or not choosing a donor or surrogate), there seems to be little you can do to ensure that you will be chosen. Hence the doubt. Did you make the right decisions? Did you screw yourself in some way? Was there anything you could do to make yourself more pick-able. More choose-able."

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself...

2 comments:

The Town Criers said...

Thank you! I just followed your blog from mine :-) I'm adding you to my blogroll right now too.

theoneliner said...

my goodness can i relate to that. infertility brings up so many weird emotions.