Monday, February 12, 2007

Hoping for a snowy Valentine's Day!

So, I've been putting off doing mid-year reviews for my team because my boss was supposed to investigate an age-discrimination complaint from one of my teammates. Well, the long and short of it is that, my boss tried to talk to him, but the guy refused. I happen to think he's playing a crafty game of cat and mouse, and wants me to do the evaluation before he goes forward with the claim so that, when I give him a mediocre review, he can blame age discrimination. But, I'm also slightly paranoid. (Although, as they say, just because you're paranoid...)

In any case, I think my time is just about running out, and I'm just going to have to suck it up and get it over with. And, I am NOT looking forward to it. It's going to be awful. And frustrating. I hate confrontation as it is, but particularly with people who are looking for ways that you're trying to screw them (whether you are or not).

argh...

In other news, I've decided to do clomid+IUI this month. I hope to be one of those "I got pregnant my first month on clomid" people. But, since I haven't been that lucky yet in terms of my fertility, I'm not holding fast to hope. Time will tell...The good news is that, because we're doing IUI, we don't have to schedule s*ex the way we have for quite some time now. So, I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing Valentine's Day. In fact we're supposed to get a ton of snow, so I'm hoping to get to stay home from work in my sweats and drink lots of hot chocolate with the hubby. I know that doesn't sound romantic...but to me, that sounds like the best damn V-day ever. :-)

1 comment:

theoneliner said...

ewwww...snow and unscheduled sex...sounds like a great valentine's day to this girl.