Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Don't trip!

So, I went in to get a scan/bloodwork done this morning, and it looks like my bigger cysts from last month have gone away. Go figure! And, my lining looks promising. Last month it was 5.8mm on day 10, this month it's 6.1 on day 7. I think the most likely scenario is that I'll trigger on Friday, so hopefully we'll get another couple of millimeters before then.

In other good news, I had a resident in the exam room this morning, and the doc let her do her first ever internal ultrasound. I think this probably goes without saying, but you almost never want a newbie wanding your va-ja-ja. My favorite part of the whole thing was when she stood up (wand still in) and tripped over the cord. Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, she tripped over the cord with the stupid thing still inside. It's not a great feeling (which probably also goes without saying.)

Aces.

But, all things considered I'm actually feeling more optimistic than I have in a while. Things actually looked better than expected today, and that's the first time that's happened in a long time. So, I hope that things continue to look up.

So, there you have it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hurray! so glad the cysts are gone.

wow, i cannot imagine the tripping over the cord thing. at least she didn't fall head first between the stirrups?

Sticky Bun said...

That just made me laugh out loud. :-)

tipsymarie said...

Oh my goodness. How AWKWARD! I feel bad for you. I would NOT want a newbie putting the wand in there, no way no how.

And yes, Sarah certianly has a point, that would've been sooo much worse - no matter how hilarious!

Anns said...

That's always so weird to suddenly have a totally different person staring up your cooch.. I would have asked my Doc to let newbie practice on someone else.

However, I must say I did chuckle a little at your new rezzies misfortune!