Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Not as clever as I think...

So, they didn’t cancel me this month. I’m officially the worst reproductive endocrinologist ever. Either that or my office is. I’m really kind of hoping it’s the former. And I rarely bet against myself. In fact, I often believe that through sheer will I can do that for which I am totally and completely unqualified. My sister-in-law and I and my brother have a running bet. Here’s the situation: you’re on a 747 and both the pilot or co-pilot are taken out of commission. (It’s unclear why, but not anything too terrible that puts everyone else in jeopardy. Why this matters is not exactly clear. I guess I just didn’t want you to think that it’s that kind of story.) Anyhow, so you’re on a big plane and there’s no pilot. You have to land the plane. The tower will walk you through it. Can you land the plane? I’m not saying it has to be pretty. Maybe it’s a screeching mess. But, can you get the plane on the ground and walk away from it?

My brother and I both believe we could. My sister-in-law (who actually has a pilot’s license and knows a hell of a lot more than we, btw) thinks we’re crazy. That it’s much harder than it seems.

So, I guess when it comes to IF, I’m hoping that she’s right. I’m hoping that there are some things that are too hard to figure out from random google searches and speculation. Because otherwise, going on injectibles when I had a few cysts on my ovaries (and had to pay for the medicine myself) was a spectacularly bad idea.

I go in tomorrow for my scan to see how the follies are doing. And, more to the point, what my lovely endometrium looks like. Last month, you may recall, she was looking a little anorexic. I’m hoping that my diet of peanut butter m&ms is going to help with that. I’m sure it will help put extra girth somewhere, anyway…

1 comment:

Sarah said...

only we infertiles know how to turn a story of not getting cancelled into the equivalent of not being able to land a crashing aircraft! :)

i have had IUI cycles cancelled because of cysts but i've heard of plenty where they go away too. best of luck with yours, and thanks for your comment on my blog. i'm looking forward to checking back in with you.