Thursday, March 15, 2007

Shuffling away the day...

Sarah from For the Flavor decided to put together a little game to help pass the time during the 2ww. Given that I started obsessing almost before the wait even began, I welcome anything that keeps my mind off things. So, here's the deal:

"What you do is set your music player to shuffle. Skip through your randomized playlist, and each consecutive song that comes up is the answer to the following questions in order."

Here are my answers. Some of them turned out to be quite funny (see #3), others just downright random (see #8). But, the "answer" to the final question (#10) just speaks for itself. And, I promise, that is what legitimately came up. Draw your own conclusions.

Enjoy!

1. The song for the you that existed before you ever thought about your fertility:
Learning to Fly (Tom Petty)

2. Would you really want to go back and be that person again?
When Love Comes to Town (U2)

3. The song for when you first started fertility treatments:
Get Busy (Sean Paul)

4. What did infertility do to your sex life?
The Boxer (Simon and Garfunkel)

5. What about superstitions and fertility rituals?
Good Riddance (Time of your life) Green Day (This would be a better answer to: "What would you say if you ever finally got pregnant?" But still, kind of made me chuckle.)

6. How about "alternative" treatments, from cough syrup and pineapple to accupuncture and 'body workers'?
None of Your Business (Salt N Pepa)

7. How do you feel about coming out of the IF closet?
T’es Beau, Tu Sais, Edith Piaf (I'm kind of a French geek, what can I say?)

8. Your song for other people's baby showers:
Last Christmas (Wham!) (Yeah, that’s right. I have Wham! on my iTunes. What of it?)

9. What about our scary friend hope?
Mr. Jones (Counting Crows)

10. And lastly, the theme song of your fertility journey:
Among the songs I have on my iPod, I also have a bunch of audio clips from movies, etc. Silly things really. But, I kid you not, the answer to #10 was the following Yoda clip: “No. Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

And, that’s all I have to say about that…

7 comments:

Baby Blues said...

I'm planning to do the shuffle too. :-) Not a bad randomized playlist. I'm afraid of what will come up with mine!

Mands said...

LOL! This tops the list of things to do in the 2ww! I'll be posting mine soon!

Sarah said...

hahaha! that yoda quote is AWESOME!!! i love "the boxer" but not quite sure how to interpret what it means for your sex life, hmmm....

Sticky Bun said...

I had the same thought about the Boxer--at first I laughed, then I was like, hang on a second. What is THAT all about? :-) hee, hee...

Baby Blues said...

This should be the soundtrack of our blogs. :-)

Sarah said...

well i guess the boxer is kind of a lonely song, which sortta fits what TTC does to my sex life anyway!

tipsymarie said...

This is an awesome idea. I'm going to put this up, and I'm not even in the 2ww!