Tuesday, April 10, 2007

On looking forward...

I’m back from DC. We had a fabulous time, but I’m actually glad to be back. After spending the better part of the long weekend going out to my old haunts (read: bars) and playing pool and darts, I am reminded that I am indeed done with that part of my life. It was fabulous, and I had a wonderful time, but I really am ready to be a mom. So, I guess, to answer my own question from the other day, no, I don’t want to go back to be the person I was pre-IF. I want to move forward and be the person I’ll be post-IF.

In that spirit, I’m 8 dpiui today—moving into the danger zone of should I test/should I wait? Is that a symptom or is it AF?

And, speaking of pregnancy symptoms/PMS, what kind of wicked twist of fate is it that the two are almost identical? What a cruel joke for we infertiles of the world! And yet, every month, I fall victim to the “oooo…wait, maybe this is slightly different this month.” To whit: I have sore, swollen breasts. I get this symptom EVERY month, without fail. And yet, EVERY month, I wonder whether it’s a sign of an impending BFP.

What can I say, I’m not that bright.

Also, Hubby again thinks we’re pregnant this month. He's chalking last month's incorrect feeling to our RE's screw up. So, here's hoping. Only one week before either AF shows her ugly mug, or we get good news. And, two weeks until our third anniversary. Here's hoping for something else to celebrate by the 24th!

8 comments:

Reproductive Jeans said...

Ill keep AF away for you--she is still here visiting...uggg.
Glad you had a great time in DC--I love Old Town Alexandria!

Ill keep checking on you=)

Erin said...

I was torturing myself over the same thing last week - the identical symptoms, that is - AND I spent a lot of the weekend in bars and even went wine tasting. It was NOT an ideal way to spend the 2ww. Tiny sips of my husband's beers here and there did not do it for me! I'm wishing you good luck and the patience to wait on testing. Did you trigger? I thought about testing while my trigger shot might still be in my system just to see what a positive looks like. Is that effed up or what? Don't do it! Anyway, thanks for your support and again - good luck!!

Sarah said...

oh good luck, i hope this is the one!!! it does suck about the symptoms, but actually that always made it easier for me, i could just tell myself there wouldn't be anything i'd notice so just quit analyzing symptoms and wait. sucks. hope it flies by though.

Bumble said...

Well I hope hope hope he's right!!!! The 2ww is almost over!!! Hang in there.

Adrienne said...

It is ironic, isn't it? Just G*d/the G*ddess/Karma fucking with our heads, which is nice.

Resist the urge to POAS if you can. A false negative pops the hope balloon for no good reason.

Crossing my fingers for you...

Mands said...

I know what you mean! I didn't even cycle this month and I am on the lookout for PG symptoms!
Hoping your 3rd anniversary is shared by the new addition to your family!

Dianne/Flutter said...

Thanks for visiting - I hope you don't mind - I've been visiting to.

Praying for you and we are so in the same boat. Positive husband and all. It is nerve racking to think he is so positive, when all I keep repeating to myself "Our odds are only a little bit better than 20%."

Err - wish I was stupid. :)

Kristen said...

I know! I hate how the symptoms are so alike. Wouldn't it be nice if our pee could just turn blue when we were pregnant so there would be no question? Then, of course, we'd all be analyzing our urine for any hint of green or blue. LOL

I really really hope that witch takes a hike this time! Fingers crossed DH is right!

BTW, I used to hang out down in Adam's Morgan. Love that place but we hardly go there anymore being married and such now.