Sunday, April 29, 2007

Welcome to Cranksville. Population: You.

Man am I ever cranky! My poor hubby has quite a handful with me these days. I’m assuming this is one of the oh-so-pleasant side-effects of the progesterone—either that, or I’m just bitchy. (Wait, perhaps the two aren’t mutually exclusive?)

But, since there's not too much going on in the land of doggie, hubby, and SB, here are some random thoughts 7dpiui #4:
  1. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about progesterone suppositories—that they slide out or melt and make a big ‘ol disgusting mess. Well, I’m happy to report that, aside from the aforementioned crank, the ones I’m using aren’t so bad. It’s actually a gel of some sort, so there’s no leaking or melting or anything else horrible. So, assuming that my RE hasn’t just given me a placebo to shut me up about my short luteal phase, I highly recommend this gel over anything with the potential of melting…

  2. My boss finally finished his “investigation” of the total bullshit accusations that that member of my team launched against me after his poor review. Unsurprisingly, he found that none of the accusations had any merit, and that my team is well-managed, that my evaluation was fair, etc. This is, of course, good news. But I’m still ticked about the whole thing. The entire thing has been a nightmare. And I guess my boss had to interview other people on my team, etc. So I can only imagine what the water cooler chat is like these days. Ugh. Also, my direct boss is the CEO, so this guy has nowhere to appeal, except to actually file a formal complaint or sue us. I wouldn’t put any of that past him, so I guess we just need to wait-and-see now.

  3. This is totally random, but I had an all-day meeting yesterday (good times) and, on the train home, I had to sit behind the worst example of a spoiled, rich princess. She was clearly a college student, likely from a snooty school not to far from where we live. Anyhow, she came blazing into the train with three of her friends, and took up one of the four-seaters, but banished her “friends” to sit elsewhere so she could have all four seats to herself. Then, when the train got crowded, people went to sit down at one of the FOUR (!!!) empty seats, and she told them she was “saving” the seats. (Of course, a lie.) Oh, and her friends got squeezed in between three other people, and the princess wouldn’t let them come sit in her 4-seater. Then, there was a man three rows back listening to his iPod a little loudly—not awful, though. And she made her friend ask him to turn it down because she just HAD to sleep and couldn’t possibly with that noise. How entitled is that? Carving out an enormous space for yourself, then bitching that other people are bothering you! (So, since I was sitting right behind her, I took my iPod out and turned it WAY up. So, I guess I am kind of a bitch. It’s not my fault, really. I have no patience for spoiled self-centered princesses to begin with AND I’m on fertility treatments right now. I think she got off easy.)
So, that’s it. Really exciting stuff chez sticky bun this weekend.

11 comments:

Ms. Planner said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog (and linking to it). I love your blog; very thoughtful and eloquently written posts. I hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog without asking - major faux pas but I'm that much of a fan.

cheers, Ms. Planner

Erin said...

Hey Sticky, Sorry you're so cranky! It's great that your work issue has been pretty much sorter out, though. It sounds like that was awful to go through. How you didn't kill the princess, I don't know. She definitely got off easy.

Becks said...

Your post made me chuckle....thanks for that. Love from another member of the Cranky Club.

Reproductive Jeans said...

Ooo that girl makes me mad!! I have sat near that type of girl before and I just wish I had the guts to say something witty!
Sorry for the crankypants-hopefully that will pass soon=)

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

That girl sounds annoying. What a brat. Sorry you're feeling cranky.

webmaster said...

Matthew M. F. Miller said…

Being cranky builds character, especially for the infertile. Just yesterday we had someone ask us, "So, are you guys pregnant yet?"

Totally lame.

Bumble said...

Ugh, what a snooty cow. Glad you put her in her place he he.
PS - you're entitled to be cranky, its one of the perks of fertility treatments!! :-)

Sarah said...

i hate that sense of entitlement more than anything! ugh, it just makes me crazy. as does progesterone, although yes, the gel is so much better than the suppositories too. i also think it's suppossed to be a little stronger/more reliable? not sure about that though.

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I honestly despise women/girls/people like that. What I can't figure out is why people like that always have friends...

Erin said...

Sticky - you're a Les Nubians fan, too? I stumbled across them at a Bastille Day festival in Boston about six years ago and LOVE them!

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

progesterone makes me cranky as all. i swear i get the shortest temper ever and i want to kick people. so, its not just you.

i hope we both feel okay soon! well, or not, if we'rePG and have to keep taking it, of course.