Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tagged



As I was poking around your blogs this weekend, I was humbled to learned that Coffeegrl from I thought they said it was “in the water” had tagged me for a thinking blogger award. I was really surprised and touched—thanks coffeegrl!

So, here’s the deal. First, I’m only allowed to tag 5 blogs, so I’ll play by the rules, but as many have said before me, there are many more than five that make me think on a regular basis.

The rules:
1. If you’ve been tagged, you’re supposed to write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote

Simple!

So, here are the five bloggers who’ve made me think lately. Again, I could easily tag more than 5, but am trying to play by the rules. :-) And, a few of these are some of our newer bloggie friends, so be sure to check them out!

Vicious Cycle of Cycles: Erin is one of our newer bloggie buddies—she’s on the verge of her first IVF and is actually psyched to get started with her injections. I love the positive energy she brings to her posts--I'm finding her enthusiasm for this first round of IVF really inspiring.


That was the plan
: Ms Planner at That Was the Plan is brand new to the blogosphere, but she’s got some great introductory posts about how her journey began. Including a must-read about how she met her hubby (“Cowboy”) at a strip club. If that’s not reason enough to pop over to her blog, I don’t know what is.

Flutter of Hope: Dianne at Flutter of Hope has had several exceptionally thoughtful posts recently about her struggles with whether to move on to IVF. There are so far two in a series that deal with facing IVF as a Catholic. The posts are really thoughtful, and I’ve really appreciated how she’s tackled this difficult decision.

Baby Blues: I appreciate so many of Baby Blues’s posts, but there’s one in particular that still sticks out in my mind. Way back in March, she wrote “Pursuing What Matters,” where she talked about her decision to turn down a fellowship because she really wanted to focus on having a family. What I appreciated most about the post is that she’s clearly a very ambitious person, but is so clearly grounded and centered on this journey.

Reproductive Jeans: I always enjoy JJ’s posts. She writes with such honestly and her posts are always both really thoughtful and down to earth. In particular, you should check out her post “I always wanted braces,” where she talks about letting go of some of the feelings she’s been having about her IF journey.

2 comments:

Ms. Planner said...

THANKS for the shout out Sticky Bun. Can I tag you back? I think about your post about the letter you wrote to your parents about praying -- EVERY DAY. No? OK, I will play by the rules. Sigh.

Have a good one. And seriously thanks for the tag.

xoxo, Ms Planner

Reproductive Jeans said...

You are so sweet! Thank you so much--that means a lot to me! I look so forward to each of your posts=) Glad you read me back=)=)