Friday, May 25, 2007

Who's turn is it anyway?

Kate from Kicking you From the Inside tagged me for a little bloggy Q&A. I'm getting to this a bit late, and it looks like we've all lost a little track of who's been tagged and who's done what. So, out of fear of double tagging someone (or overtagging someone), how about this: if you’re looking to kill time before your next cycle or during the 2ww, you’re it! (You know who you are. ☺)

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) Are We There Yet?
2) Outlandish Notions
3) Baby Moxie
4) Kicking You From The Inside
5) Sticky Bun

What were you doing ten years ago?
Frighteningly, I graduated from college 10 years ago yesterday. 10 years ago today, I packed all of my stuff in a UH*aul and moved to DC with no job or plan. And it worked out fabulously. (I was more adventurous in my carefree youth…)

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Oooo….Last Spring was tough for us. In April we had our first miscarriage. Then, we adopted a dog who, for a number of reasons, we ended up having to put to sleep only a week after we got him. On our wedding anniversary. So, last May we escaped to Paris for a “good riddance April/birthday trip.”

Five Snacks You Enjoy:
I’m not a huge snacker, but when I do, I’m a pretty big chips and salsa fan.

Five Songs to Which You Know all the Lyrics:
I know all of the words to an embarrassingly large number of songs—some of them exceptionally cheesy (go ahead, try me). I don’t know what it is, but I only have to listen to a song a few times to commit it to memory. Here are a few of the highlights:

1.) Mr. Wendal (Arrested Development)
2.) Anything from Yaz’s Upstairs at Eric’s
3.) 18 & Life (yeah, that’s Skid Row. What of it?)
4.) Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leopard-- I LOVED this song)
5.) Gloria (Laura Branigan—gooood stuff!)

I actually know the words to some higher quality songs, too, but those are less fun to list. ☺

Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire (or so?):
1) Work far fewer hours. I’ve never understood why we all couldn’t agree to a 4 days on/3 days off workweek. It seems eminently reasonable to me…
2) Buy an awesome brownstone with a pool and a yard in the West Village and/or a fabulous ocean front villa.
3) Start my own education foundation.
4) Pay off my debt. (I assume that would be enough…)
5) Buy my hubby this watch. He’s always wanted it.

Five Bad Habits
1) Not writing things down (and I have the worst short term memory. Ever.)
2) Filling up on cookies before dinner.
3) Hitting the snooze button (about 6 million times).
4) I can be pretty impatient. Especially in traffic. Oooo….it burns me up.
5) Procrastination.

Five things you like doing:
1) Sleeping in.
2) Smushing with hubby and doggie.
3) Taking long walks.
4) Hanging out with the friends who know me best.
5) Watching trashy reality shows. (There, I said it. I don’t care what you say, America’s N*ext T0p M0del rocks.)

And, that’s all she wrote. Have a wonderful long weekend!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

your man has good taste in watches, hopefully he's in that store with the little blue boxes often enough to get some good gift ideas....

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

I have very fond memories of dancing around and screaming the lyrics of "Pour Some Sugar On Me" at the top of my lungs. Good ol' def leppard.

TeamWinks said...

Dear Lord, but Pour Some Sugar on Me was the first song I danced to with my husband. Um, you can use the search feature on my blog and type in mullet and you will know why. No worries, hubby did not have a mullet. :-)

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I also know all of the lyrics to "Pour Some Sugar on Me." :-)

I am glad that your visit with the new RE went well. It is so important that you are comfortable with your doctor.

Carrie said...

I love America's Next Top Model. No one I know watches it over here. I'm like a missionary spreading the word. Its great, watch it, but no one does ;-(

Coffeegrl said...

As kids, my sister and I had an imaginary rock band and one of our all-time favorite songs to sing and of course play guitar to - was Gloria. That song doesn't get nearly enough recognition! awesome. oh- and i'm totally with you on the 4 day work week!

Reproductive Jeans said...

1.) Mr. Wendal (Arrested Development)

I LOVE that song=)

Kate said...

Ha! I, too, love the trashy reality shows. I am a fan of C.harm School, myself.