Sunday, June 10, 2007

Redoubling the challenge efforts...

So, okay, I can’t lie to you guys. I’ve been, well, not so great about the 28-day challenge. In fact, I haven’t run in almost a week. Crap. As usual, there are a ton of reasons why. Like that I had the crappiest week and was on the road at 6am and not home until almost 8pm several days. Okay, so there’s just the one reason. But, damnit I was tired.

But now I just feel crappy. I feel like I’ve literally gained 5lbs in one week. I’m assuming this is the BCPs because I haven’t eaten any more than usual, but I feel awful. And, of course I need a bunch of clothes so I went shopping this weekend. Remind me NOT to go try on clothes when I feel like a cow, okay? It’s really just adding insult to injury.

What’s strange, though, is that I’ve been on BCPs before and didn’t gain any weight. So, I don’t know if this charming new development is the results of a different prescription that just doesn’t agree with my waistline or what.

But, you can't keep a good woman down...I jumped back on the wagon today with two very long walks. And I'll add some running back into the mix.

In other news, I take my last BCP a week from Saturday and start my cocktail of IVF meds on June 27. Crazy, huh? I really can't believe how quickly it's all coming together. Every now and then I get this feeling like, "wow, this is REALLY happening, isn't it?"

Oh and there's one other charming new development. As I was walking doggie today I came across another stork on one of my neighbor’s yards. The good news is that this is neither inflatable nor lit-up, and that this doesn't coincide with any particularly painful milestones for us, but still. What ever happened to a nice “It’s a Girl” balloon that you put up on the mailbox and that, because it was a balloon, didn’t last more than a couple of days? Now we have these stupid storks that stay up FOREVER. And this one has the baby’s name, birthdate and weight on it. That seemed kind of strange to me. Do you really want everyone who drives by to have that much information about your newborn?

Anyhow, that’s about all that's going on chez SB and hubby.

13 comments:

Leah said...

Very exciting that your stims are starting so soon! In the meantime, nice work on the double walks today. I haven't been exercising much myself lately either. Um, because I am sooo busy doing what? Washing my hair? Rearranging my sock drawer? I call it the LEOTW (Lame Excuse Of The Week), and it needs to stop. So I'll take your lead and go for a nice long walk tomorrow. Thanks for the nudge.

megan said...

oh my, i completely forgot about people putting up storks/balloons/whathave you when they have a baby. i haven't seen any of those since i moved to canada. thank goodness. sorry the BCPs are giving you trouble. they can be nasty things. is it one of the newer fangled scripts out there or one of the older ones?

Nearlydawn said...

Good deal - starting stims is pretty exciting! The time seems to me to be going faster still during stims... One day it is day 2 and then all the sudden you are at the end, and it's sorta like "whoa, how did I get here?"

Good luck!

Tam said...

Geez, where have I been...oh yeah, lost in my own little world, I'm trying to catch up...I've been a bad bloggie friend but IVF will do that to you!!

This whole IVF process can play havoc with your weight, try not let it get to you, it's normal, they buggering around with your hormones!

Not long to go now, this train does move very fast once you get your ticket!! Good luck sweetie, will be checking in on you! Hugs xxx

Sarah said...

we get a lot of those storks in my neighborhood too. they basically suck.

good luck with this cycle! i have definitely found that some BCP brands are worse on the waistline than others. my personal belief is that us IVFers are allowed a few extra inches, but good for you for jumping back into the challenge.

Erin said...

Ugh - I'd be tempted to rip that stork out of the ground, and I totally agree about putting all that info on the sign. Are these people nuts?

Congrats on the redoubled efforts. I took the weekend off, myself, but somehow forced myself to run this morning. We're going to the Giants game tonight, so at least I've kind of earned the inevitable garlic fries and beer...

Good luck with the stims!!

Becks said...

Don't worry, I've been rubbish with my get fit campaign, i have been on my trampoline once since the workout dvd arrived last week...maybe tomorrow!

Carrie said...

It' s so hard to find time to exercise sometimes. You've a lot going on. I reckon I'll do what I can but I'm not beating myself up, is that a copout? Probably ;-)

I can't believe these stork things you speak of!!!!
I hope they never find their way over here.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

So exciting that you will be starting stims soon!

Stupid stork....

Amy said...

Its okay to have off days when trying to start a new workout regime. Don't be too hard on yourself :) Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and for the day you already messed up, then you might as well go eat that brownie (that seems to be my MO usually!) :)

Ms. Planner said...

I think you should take a BB gun to the stork. I mean, I love animals and all, but that is just tacky and needs to stop.

It is weird, but I am so happy amd excited for you that your IVF is off and on its way. I, for one, am looking forward to your posts about the whole deal.

xoxo, Ms. Planner

Chas said...

Oh, good luck with all of this. I know it's all very hectic, but it can be so worth it in the end. I'm moving into my first FET very soon (my fresh cycle was successful two years ago), and I'm just getting back into all of this myself.

BTW, the blog I'm linking to is my regular everyday blog. If you're moe interested in my new IF blog, please just email me chastity779@yahoo.com

Good luck again!!

Coffeegrl said...

You sound excited about taking the next step - cool! And good for you getting back on the wagon; it's a killer and I think it's always harder to get back on than to stay on. Go Sticky!