Thursday, July 12, 2007

Fancy that

Retrieval was today—all in all it went well. It was definitely pretty intimidating, though. Big hospital, OR, anesthesiologist, etc. Yikes. I was pretty nervous. They had me hooked up to some machine that lets you hear your heartbeat, and as more and more people came in (the embryologist, nurse, doctor, etc.) the more you could hear my heartbeat go up. But, then I drifted into a nice, deep sleep. And didn’t wake up or remember anything until after everything was over.

And apparently the first thing I said when I woke up was, “when can I eat?” I was starving. My retrieval wasn’t until about 11:30, and I wasn’t allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight.

I have a one-track mind, what can I say?!

Anyhow, the nurse came over to tell me how many eggs they got. I was expecting 5-6, but hoping for 7-8. You know what they got? TEN! Wowzers. Take that, Smirky. Or shall we call you pessmissivo.

I guess, I’m glad that he didn’t get our hopes up and then disappoint us, but I’ve got to tell you that I feel a little like that was a lot of worry for something that turned out to look not nearly as dire as he was intimating.

Unless of course 5 of them are immature…but let's not go there...

Anyhow, I’m just happy. That’s more eggs than I thought we’d get, so hubby and I are pretty excited. Fertilization report tomorrow! Now I’m off to relax and smoosh with my dog. Fingers crossed that we get more good news over the next all-important 3-5 days.

12 comments:

Waiting Amy said...

I'm so glad things went well! I was getting worried when you hadn't posted in awhile! Ten is fantastic!

Rest up and we will be looking forward to hearing more!

tipsymarie said...

I'm glad your ovaries finally got their acts together - 10 is great!

Diana said...

CONGRATS on the 10 eggs that is fantastic!!!!

Reproductive Jeans said...

Been thinking about you!!!! WOW 10 eggies! Way to go! That must have made your day! Enjoy your evening!

Erin said...

Ooh! I'm so excited! That's great news. Can't wait to hear tomorrow's fert report. For now, enjoy snuggling with your pooch!

CAM said...

It all sounds great! 10 is good! All you need is one good sticky one! Keep us posted...fingers are crossed.
:)

Nearlydawn said...

YAY! 10 is GREAT! Hoping for great fertilization rates for you!!!

Carrie said...

Way to go! 10 is great, even more great after your initial problems.
Can't wait for the next news now. Will be thinking of you and wishing good thoughts for those 10 eggs x

Kate said...

That is a great number. Way to go!

Dianne/Flutter said...

GOOD LUCK! I am so excited for you, fingers are crossed.

chicklet said...

Ten - that's awesome! Congrats and enjoy your weekend.

Sarah said...

woohoo!!!! apparently i woke up talking about donuts (there's a krispy kreme downt he road).