Monday, July 09, 2007

Stims watch, Day 13

That’s right folks, today will be thirteen days of stims. You may remember that back on on June 27th, when I started all of this, I said, “I think it’s going to go really fast from here on out.” HA! What a joke. I took a few days off this week and cleared my schedule figuring my retrieval would be over the weekend and my transfer would be during the week or next weekend. What a joke that’s turned out to be! I went in for another scan today. The biggest follies look like they're ready to go (18mm), but depending on how my E2 looks, Smirky says he wants me to do one last night of stims and trigger tomorrow. That would mean I’m looking at a Thursday retrieval and a Tuesday transfer (assuming a day 5 transfer). So much for that big Tuesday meeting.

Do I never learn? You just can’t plan this stuff…

Anyhow, my E2 level on Saturday morning was over 1,000, so I guess that’s good. Sadly my follie count is still not great. The right ovary has started to kick in, but the follies that are growing there are measuring about a week behind, so the chances of getting a mature egg out of ‘ol righty are slim to none. Helas…

But, despite the ups and downs, it looks like our IVF cycle is indeed on, and that (fingers crossed) we’ll get 5-6 eggs. That's good, though not great news. Of course, there’s still a long way to go from here, but I’m glad the stims part wasn’t a total bust.

Anyhow, I’m as sick of talking about this as you are of hearing about it. Thankfully, a little while back, the lovely and talented Sarah at For the Flavor—who just hit the 20-week mark! Hooray!—tagged me for the Polarity meme. And, because I’ve been so cranky, it seems fitting to list 10 things I can’t stand. And perhaps listing the 10 things I love will help me find a little bit of optimism again. So, thanks for the tag, Sarah!

10 Things I can’t stand:
  1. INFERTILITY. (Though, I’d happily list this all ten times.)
  2. Traffic-especially traffic caused by rubbernecking. If we’d all just drive there would be no traffic! It’s infuriating.
  3. Slurping.
  4. When hubby doesn’t hit the trip meter when he fills the gas tank. I know, I’m a freak. It’s my thing.
  5. The sound that cardboard makes when it rubs against itself. (ack! It wigs me out even writing about it. I HATE it. It’s like nails on a chalkboard.)
  6. Bugs. All bugs. But the greater the number of legs, the worse it is.
  7. When someone I love has his/her feelings hurt. It absolutely breaks my heart.
  8. Waiting on line. I’m so type A.
  9. Having my picture taken.
  10. Horror movies. The good ones freak me out too much, and the bad ones…well, they’re just awful.
20 things I love:
  1. Misha’s coffee. It’s the greatest coffee EVER. I lived around the corner from it for years and even got a job there while I was in grad school to support my habit. It’s that good.
  2. Gerber daisies. They’re my favorite flower (and my tattoo).
  3. Ratatouille—both the new movie (which is so cute! And the dish. Mmm…The French family I lived with used to make it for me all the time and it was my favorite.)
  4. Chocolate sprinkles. Hubby mixes them into my ice cream (for even sprinkle distribution, of course) and it’s so delicious.
  5. Getting pedicures with my girlfriends. It’s what I miss most about living in DC—my friends and getting together with them for silly girls days. *sigh* I miss them all terribly.
  6. Having someone brush my hair. If I were rich, I think I'd have someone wash and style my hair everyday.
  7. The Four Seasons Maui. We spent a couple of nights there for our honeymoon and it’s like the most relaxing place on earth.
  8. The Little Prince. It’s one of my all-time favorite books. We have two halves of my favorite quote from the book engraved on the inside of our wedding rings.
  9. Trashy magazines (think US Weekly and People) It’s my thing…I love them.
  10. The way hubby tucks me in every night before we go to sleep. It’s so cute—he tucks the covers around me and fluffs my pillows and gives me a kiss good night. He’s too cute.
So, there you have it. And, if these ladies are up for it and looking for a fun distraction, I tag Amy (Waiting for…?), Amy R (So when will you have kids?), and CAM (Infertility Diary).

14 comments:

Amy R said...

I glad to hear that your cycle was not canceled. I'm crossing my fingers for your 6 eggies! Also, your #4 thing you can't stand regarding hubby not hitting the trip meter- totally on my list also. Now my DH goes out of his way to tell me that he set the counter back to zero. :) Its kind of cute!

Reproductive Jeans said...

YAY!!! Such great news--those are great eggies! Im sure all will go really really well...keep us posted!

I do the same thing to my trip counter=)

Waiting Amy said...

You've made it! Congratulations! We will be hoping and keeping fingers crossed that they are all good ones!

Thanks for the tag!

Erin said...

I'm so glad it's going to happen!! Hopefully those right follies will be ready for Thursday - you never know!

I am so with you on the trashy magazines!!

Good luck with the trigger - I always lay down on the couch for W to stick it to me, that way there's no weight on that side whatsoever. Just an idea.

serenity said...

Oh I feel your pain. Currently on day 10 and have tonight and tomorrow to continue my stims... *sigh* looks like I'll go about 12 or 13 days too.

And I feel you about missing meetings for the transfer... I'm having the same issue here too.

Hang in there... you're almost there.

(And I totally can't watch horror movies either - for BOTH of those reasons!)

megan said...

holy crap. 13 days! it's great news that things are proceeding though. i hope you get to trigger tomorrow.

Tam said...

I am so glad that they didn't cancel your cycle! Good luck, here's hoping that trigger matures them a little more. Praying for a great fert report and yes, murphy does step in everytime you try and plan something!!

Ms. Planner said...

I am SO pleased to hear that your cycle is proceeding. I am crossing all my fingers and saying prayers to lots of different deities that your eggs do exactly as they should.

Bon chance! Ms Planner

Ann said...

My philosophy--better to have fewer great eggs than about 40 crap eggs. Your ovaries just packed all their bunch into a few winners!

Changing Expectations said...

Hi there - I am excited for you, you are almost there! Keep us posted on your retrieval.

Carrie said...

I've missed the last few days of your stims. I'm sorry it has been such a long haul but I'm so happy it hasn't been cancelled. All those follies after a shakey start!
Let's hope that one (or two) of them are THE ones.
Take care x

Becks said...

So glad to hear things are going ahead. I was on stims for 14 days so you're in good company.

Hope the retrieval brings you at least 6 whoopers of fab quality. Good luck!

Sarah said...

i get tucked in at night too! and the cardboard thing, ahhhg, i can feel it in my teeth just thinking about it, i HATE that!

i'm just catching up on you after a crazy week or so and am SO glad to hear you weren't cancelled. happy triggering and best wishes for retrieval! hope you get extra sprinkles for all your efforts!

Erin said...

In case it's happening tomorrow, I wanted to say good luck with your retrieval!!
E