Monday, August 06, 2007

Il y en a deux

Hubby and I went for our first ultrasound this morning and, lo and behold, there were two gestational sacs, each with its own yolk sac. !!!

One was measuring “normally” and one Smirky told us looked “small.” So, it seems like sticky #2 is a little more tentative than sticky #1, but we’re really pulling for both of them. I’m hoping that sticky #2 will be prodded along by his/her sibling and catch up by our next ultrasound, which will happen in two weeks.

So, we’ve officially gotten further along than we’ve ever been with this whole pregnancy thing. Still, I’m feeling like everything is extremely tentative and that much can still go wrong, but my cautious optimism does continue to grow. (And that, of course terrifies me because, as we all know, the higher you climb, the harder you fall.)

Even Smirky was downright optimistic today, though. Or, at least as optimistic as he ever gets. He was asking if we had an OB and if we knew where we wanted to deliver. Ha! That’s certainly a change from his undying pessimism that was our two weeks of stims. (And, repeating a theme, even talking about that terrified me as well. I didn’t want to jinx us talking about such plans this early! I realize that he just wants to make sure that, assuming the next u/s goes well, that we have a good to whom we can graduate. But still… It seems too far away to even imagine…)

So, for now we’ll just be happy with our two little sticky buns and hope with all of our might that we see two strong heartbeats on the 20th. Grow, l’il sticky buns!

23 comments:

Kristen said...

YAY for double the fun! 2 STICKY BUNS!

I am crossing my fingers that mini-sticky bean catches up and you see those healthy heartbeats on the 20th.

I'm so excited for you!!! XOXO

Kate said...

That's great! I hope #2 catches up soon. :)

Waiting Amy said...

Wow, you must be super sticky! Hoping that sticky #2 is ready for sibling rivalry! Thinking of you! :)

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!!!

how very exciting!! you ARE sticky! i know what you mean about that terrifying fall, but i just have a really good feeling about this. so happy for you!

serenity said...

AWESOME!!! Here's hoping that bun #2 grows and catches up shortly...

YAY!!!!

Ms. Planner said...

Go Stickies Go! What fantastic news and I will pray that #2 catches up with #1.

Diana said...

YAY twins!!! Grow little ones!!!

Marie-Baguette said...

yeah! Congrats!

Kelly said...

YAAA! I'm so happy for you! Double the fun! How exciting! I know they'll both stick from here! I'm overjoyed for you!!!

Meghan said...

How fantastic!!

Lett's hope #2 is nice and competitive and will catch right up!!

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Sibling rivalry goes a long way! I am so happy things are going well. That hesitant feeling will start to wane. It's so hard to make that jump from anger and despair to elation. I think we've all put up some defense mechanisms to protect ourselves. I can't wait until you can shout your good news to the world without any hesitation!

tipsymarie said...

That's great news! I hope #2 stops being all lazy and gets caught up.

Bumble said...

Thats Doubly fantastic news! Hooray! And GO NUMBER TWO, GO!

Baby Blues said...

Looking forward to the healthy sounds of two hearts beating! Grow little ones.

Natalie said...

Wow!! I hope Sticky #2 catches up!!

Amy R said...

Oh my goodness; twins!! Congratulations sweetie!!! I'm thrilled for you :)

Tam said...

Wow, two little sticky buns, how nice is that!! Congrats sweetie...Praying that they both hang in there and continue to grow. Sending loads of love, hugs and prayers your way :)

SmarshyBoy said...

Congrats! And so starts a lifetime of sibling rivalry. I can just hear them now in there: "Here is the line, that's your side, this is mine, DO NOT cross into my side"...

chicklet said...

Very cool that there's two - hopefully they both stick it out for you.

Carrie said...

That is fantastic news. Way to go. I hope number 2 is speeding up as I type and the 20th will bring great news.

niobe said...

Wow. I'm hoping as hard as I can for both of them.

Dianne/Flutter said...

Congratulations!

Reproductive Jeans said...

2 buns! That is GREAT news!=)