Monday, August 20, 2007

*Insert clever title here*

I’m just back from the scan and off to work, but wanted to post a quick update. First, I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous about anything in my entire life. We got to the office and sadly, Smirky wasn’t there (I think he’s on vacation), so there was another doctor. He was nice and all, don’t get me wrong, but I like my routines. I had gotten used to Smirky and his little quirks. And this guy turned the monitor towards himself so that I couldn’t see it. I almost screamed. I kept saying, “um….what are you seeing? Does it look okay?”

I’m sure I sounded like a total freak.

Anyhow, the good (fabulous, fantastic) news is that our little sticky buns appear to be thriving. They are both measuring perfectly (7w5d—I’m 7w4d today) and they had lovely beating hearts. (One had 180bpm, one had 148, I believe.) The doc and nurse both said that both heartbeats were in the perfect range and that everything looked great.

I’ve never heard more beautiful words in my life.

I don’t think the terror will ever completely go away, but I can’t even begin to explain how relieved I feel. I know how important seeing the heartbeat is and, while I know we’re nowhere near out of the woods yet, I feel like we’ve crossed one of the most important milestones.

Of course, you know how paranoid I am about jinxing, so I won’t let us talk to much in the future tense, but I’m cautiously and hopefully optimistic.

And I think I exhaled today for the first time in almost two months.

Below is a photo of the buns (so feel free to surf away). Clearly one is more of a ham than the other, and the picture isn't great so you can only see one well, but they are actually both the same size, etc.

As always, thanks for your love and support! You guys are my rocks and I sincerely appreciate all of your cheering on and support, even when my pessimism has gotten the best of me.

+


+


+


+

22 comments:

Dianne/Flutter said...

YEAH for the Buns. So glad they are doing well. And that you are OK after your accident.

Erin said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad to hear all's well in Sticky-ville!

chicklet said...

Glad to hear all is well. That's really really great:-)

anna said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting. And the sticky buns are gorgeous!

r_is_moody said...

WooHoo, that is such great news.

megan said...

so glad to hear that all is well. that's great news. how are you feeling after your accident?

Carrie said...

Fantastic news. I'm so pleased for you ;-)

Reproductive Jeans said...

Oh wow...what an amazing picture. Keep breathing easy=)

Ms. Planner said...

I am so happy for you. After the years of struggle, you can breathe freely again (at least for today - hee hee). Really, so very thrilled for you.

Becks said...

That's fantastic news Sticky!! i am so pleased for you.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Yay little buns!

Meghan said...

So glad the buns are doing well (and not at all bothered by the accident)

Natalie said...

Oh how beautiful! I'm so glad they're both doing so well!

Chris said...

Oh happy day! And happy dance for you!

Kristen said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL STICKY BUNS!!! I am so so happy that they are thriving.

Amy R said...

That is wonderful wonderful news!! Congratulations sweetie!

Leah said...

Sounds great! Yahoo!

Tam said...

That is the most wonderfull news I have heard in a long time, it almost seem surreal!

Go little sticky buns! Congrats sweetie!

Kate said...

They look great! Congrats!!

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you all! and you're so right, it is a MAJOR milestone out of the way.

tipsymarie said...

So glad they are doing well!! Congratulations!

Coffeegrl said...

AMAZING! beautiful. way to hang in there!