Friday, August 03, 2007

Jumping on the bandwagon

Click to view my Personality Profile page


I've always wanted to take the Myers Briggs but never have, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and take the test online. Apparently I'm an ENFP.

ENFP - The "Advocate"

ENFPs are introspective, values-oriented, inspiring, social and extremely expressive. They actively send their thoughts and ideas out into the world as a way to bring attention to what they feel to be important, which often has to do with ethics and current events. ENFPs are natural advocates, attracting people to themselves and their cause with excellent people skills, warmth, energy and positivity. ENFPs are described as creative, resourceful, assertive, spontaneous, life-loving, charismatic, passionate and experimental.

Seems mostly right on in terms of being "expressive" and "passionate." (Although, let's face it, that's really just code for extreme and/or emotional, but whatever.)

It's funny, when hubby and I did our pre-marriage counseling, we both had to take a values test separately, then talk about the results together to see if there were major things we disagreed on that we hadn't ever discussed. It was one of these things where you had to rate about 200 statements according to a scale from "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree." The deacon we were meeting with laughed the whole time because I rated just about everything as either "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree." Whereas hubby was much more steady and go with the flow.

What can I say, I feel passionately about things. And, hubby complements me (read: puts up with me) pretty well.

Of course, I'm about as creative as my dog (no offense, buddy). But hey, you can't win 'em all!

4 comments:

tipsymarie said...

That is funny! I guess us bloggers are going to score high on the expressive end of things.

My husband took the test and was almost opposite - ESTJ.

elle said...

I'm an ENFP too! And I am also married to more of an even keel, go with the flow type thankfully. My one relationship with someone just like me was a disaster. A little too much expressive passion mixed with extreme emotion. Not good!

Sarah said...

hey there my ENFP sister! my husband and i would have had the same kind of result. now that you mention it, premarital counseling probably would have been a good idea and saved us a couple ofyears of figure out some of those differences the harder way!

Sarah said...

oh and by the way, i thought the inflatable yard ovaries/follistim pen was a VERY creative idea!