Thursday, August 23, 2007

Murphy

If ever I’ve wanted Murphy to go f*ck himself, it’s right now.

Starting yesterday, my doctor wanted to start weaning me off the PIO shots. So, I took my regular 1cc on Monday and Tuesday before bed, was supposed to skip yesterday and go in for b/w today to see what my levels were like.

I never got there, because of the 1:30am trip to the emergency room due to the bleeding.

At 11:30pm, as I was about to go to bed, I went to the bathroom and did my ritual obsessive TP checking.

Spotting.

I freaked out. I cried. I told hubby. I kept just asking why. We debated calling the doctor, going to the emergency room, etc. Ultimately, though, I decided it was minimal and, since I had an appointment first thing in the morning to get my blood drawn, I should just go to sleep and wait for the morning to do anything.

Then at 1:00am I woke up with some cramping (I’ve had some off and on, but have been blaming it on this RIDICULOUS const*pation I have. Nice.) and went to the bathroom. Bright. Red. Blood. And not just on the TP.

So, I woke hubby and we went to the emergency room. (In hindsight, I sort of wonder why we bothered. They’re pretty useless.)

Anyhow, by the time I got there, I wasn’t bleeding as much (it was never that much, actually. But enough to actually reach the toilet and stain a pad, so definitely not good). The doctor did an internal exam. My cervix was still closed, so he diagnosed a “threatened miscarriage.” I asked for an ultrasound, but he said he’d have to page an ultrasound tech for an emergency, and that it wouldn’t really tell us anything useful at this stage, so he didn’t think it was worth it. (The only reason he’d order one at this stage, he said, was to rule out ectopic. And, since we saw the heartbeats, there was no need to do that.)

So, I came home and we decided to do the PIO shot (No fucking around with this one.) and we went to bed. At 4am. Nice.

This morning I called Smirky’s office to tell them what happened. I talked to the nurse and she’s going to talk to Smirky and see what he thinks we should do. I'm waiting to hear back. For now, I’m on bed rest and I’m terrified.

Amazing that I can go from a better than 90% chance of things going well to a 50/50 chance of things working out in two days flat. That’s Murphy’s Law for you.

Please pray for our stickies (particularly since you know it’s hard for me). I’ve never wanted anything to work out more than I want this to, and it’s the only thing I can think to do to help.

21 comments:

lub said...

I'm praying and sending positive thoughts your way........

Caro said...

Sending positive thoughts.

Dianne/Flutter said...

Praying. Praying. Praying.

serenity said...

*hug*

My thoughts are with you and those babies, Sticky. Hoping very hard.

chicklet said...

Gawd, I'm so sorry this is so hard. I'm hoping for your stickies to stick. Really really hoping for you.

Reproductive Jeans said...

OH SB, I am thinking of you LOTS all day....

Kate said...

I am praying very hard for you....

Leah said...

Praying, hoping, wishing, and generally being wildly positive for you.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Sticky, I know how hard that can be. I had 3 bleeding episodes early in my pregnancy, and I agree it's terrifying and can make you feel so powerless.

I hope hope hope this turns out well for you and the babies.

megan said...

(((sticky buns)))
oh sticky! sending much good energy to you and the buns. i hope you hear from the doctor soon.
also? universe? eff off and leave sticky and her buns alone. they've had enough already!

Chris said...

Sending lots of prayers your way! Oh, and hugs too. Hold a good thought . . .

The Town Criers said...

I am praying for you. And sending good thoughts to those babies.

Amy R said...

Oh no Sticky. Hang in there girl. I'm crossing my fingers for you and your babies. I hope your RE can see you today too for an u/s.

r_is_moody said...

Thinking and praying for you and your sticky buns!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I'm thinking of you and your little sticky buns. I hope with everything the doctor can come up with something!

Mands said...

Oh dear Sticky... why does this have to be so complicated?

I am thinking of you and praying for your sticky's.

FattyPants said...

How scary. I will be praying for you and your passengers today.

Adrienne said...

Sending you lots of good, positive thoughts, SB.

Kristen said...

Oh no, I am praying with all my might for your little buns. Sending lots of love your way.

(((HUGS)))

Carrie said...

I'm no good at the praying either but I am hoping with all my being that this is just a scare and everything is fine. Thinking of you x

Sarah said...

oh no, how awful for you! do they think it could just be your body responding to reducing the PIO? i have a friend whose now 6-week old caused her a lot of worry because she continued to bleed every month around the usual AF time until 5 months. i know you hear all the time that it can be normal but it's hardly reassuring. sending all the positive vibes i've got...