Monday, August 27, 2007

Rock On...


I’m a little late to the game, but I was very honored to be nominated as a rockin’ girl blogger by JJ and Amy (So, when will you have kids?). You could blame the hormones, but I sincerely almost cried—I’m all over the place, what can I say. But, it's not only that, it's also that I'm such a huge fan of both of their blogs. So, many, many thanks, ladies! It was a very nice surprise, and a much welcome distraction. ☺

Now, I turn to nominate five additional rockin girl bloggers. As you all know, there are far more than 5 rockin’ bloggers whom I’d like to nominate. And, I know many of you have been nominated, so I apologize if I’m duplicating nomination, but here’t goes:

1. Sarah at For the Flavor: I started reading Sarah’s blog very early on and have been a For the Flavor convert ever since. And, I’ve always been just a little sad that we never met when we were both living in DC (and hanging out at the Crow Bar). She writes with such sincerity and honesty and all of her posts really speak to me.

2. Becks at One Miracle Needed: Becks is a thoughtful and honest writer, a world traveler, and the person who helped me really stop drinking coffee by being SO DAMN GOOD and giving it up cold turkey. I always enjoy her posts and am wishing with all my might that her little sausage and mash grab hold tight for a nice, long 9 month trip!

3. Chris at Love, Hope and Faith: I’ve been introduced to Chris’s blog more recently, and am so glad that I was. Chris has such faith and such a wonderfully positive attitude and is so supportive of her bloggy friends, even when she’s down. She’s about to embark on IVF#1, and I’m wishing her all the best and hoping that this is her cycle!

4. Tam at Peanut’s Journey: I’ve been reading Tam’s blog since I started blogging and feel like I know her, even though she lives halfway across the world. I’m always touched by her writing—by her descriptions of her struggles, by her love for her hubby. All of her posts are heartfelt and relatable.

5. Somewhat Ordinary at A Somewhat Ordinary Life: While we share the (exact) same anniversary, I sometimes wish that I shared her courage and strength. She has had to deal with quite a lot in her IF struggles, and has done so with strength of character—to the point where she’s put herself on the line and went public with her IF struggles in her local community as a way of helping others who struggle in silence. That just simply rocks.*

*This isn’t just a ploy to figure out how to get to her blog either. Though, if you’re reading, SO, I’d love to be able to get behind the password protection and see how things are going for you. ☺

4 comments:

Tam said...

You are just so sweet, it's always quite strange to see what people think of you, thank you for being so sweet. I am praying so hard for you, I hope that things clear up soon and you can put this all behind you. Loads of hugs xxx

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, I'm so honored!! Your comments brought tears to my eyes. It was very touching to read your thoughts about me! I've been keeping up with your blog and wish nothing but the best for you!

I tried to leave my blog open for a few days after I made the decision to go private, but I knew some people didn't get a chance to read it. I just sent you an invite and if anyone else is interested they can e-mail me at
somewhatordinary at gmail dot com.

Thanks again for making me a Rockin' Girl Blogger!!

Reproductive Jeans said...

You definitely rock=)

Sarah said...

aww, thanks! i'm just now making it this far back into my lost weeks away from the internet. i feel the same way about your blog and am so honored by the compliment! you'll have to let me know next time you're in town. i guess we could get a hot dog at the vendor cart that hangs out in front of the office building where crow bar used to be?