Sunday, August 19, 2007

That'll teach me

Remember how I mentioned that I was out of debt? Well, yeah, the next day I got rear-ended while trying to merge onto I95. Now the back of my car is pretty banged up and is going to need some serious repair to the back end. And, in part because we just paid off the rest of our debt, we don’t have a lot of cash lying around to pay for it.

Murphy’s Law. Do you see now why I'm so afraid of jinxing myself?!

What’s more, I freaked out. I haven’t gotten into an accident in years, and now that I’m pregnant, I get rear-ended. Three days before the viability ultrasound. Argh. I was really nervous all weekend that the accident had done something to the sticky buns. I know it’s probably nothing—I was stopped and the guy couldn’t have been going faster than 15mph, but still. Give me something to worry about, and I’ll just run with it.

And speaking of which, I’m freaking out just a bit over tomorrow’s ultrasound. Okay, more than just a bit. Quite a lot, actually. I feel like I felt right before the first beta: scared, pessimistic, unsure. With all of my heart, I hope our little sticky buns have been growing and thriving over the all-important past two weeks.

Hubby and I agreed that, if all goes well, we’ll tell our siblings tomorrow, and probably a few close friends—just those close to us who we feel strange not being able to share the news with. And now I’m scared that we won’t be able to.

It doesn’t help that I don’t really have any symptoms, other than sore breasts (which really haven’t been all that sore lately). No nausea. Sure, I’m tired, but again, aren’t I always? I’m just really hoping that this lack of symptoms is luck and nothing more.

Please keep your fingers crossed for us. And, given the new blog-blocking at work, it’ll probably take me a while to update afterwards, but I will let you know how it went as soon as I can.

11 comments:

Meghan said...

Sorry about your accident. I'm glad you're OK and I'm sure your little sticky bun is nice and cushioned in there!
Good luck at the ultrasound tomorrow!!

Erin said...

Ugh, what a pain about the accident.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you.

Natalie said...

I hate Murphy. Sorry about the new debt... and sorry about the car damage! I'm sure nothing's wrong with the baby..... fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Becks said...

Oh shoot!! That is so not what you needed. Good luck for the scan, my fingers are crossed as requested.

Reproductive Jeans said...

Im crossed everywhere! Sorry about the car incident--Murphy sucks!

anna said...

Are you feeling o.k. physically after your accident? I'm so sorry that happened to you. Did you tell that person who rear-ended you that they had the nerve to just hit someone carrying twins?!
I will be praying for you and hoping that everything goes great at your ultrasound. Let us know when you can!

Carrie said...

Wishing you a fantastic scan and some peace of mind xx

Waiting Amy said...

ARGH! Car accidents are no fun. But if he hit you, then in most states I think he would be deemed responsible and should pay all the damages. Be sure to check with your insurance agent.

I can understnd your fears. But I'm having faith that those buns are stuck. Thinking of you for tomorrow.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you are okay. I'm sorry you feel like you jinxed yourself. I hope this is all you have to deal with as far as added stress is concerned.

Good luck with the u/s tomorrow! I can't wait to hear and see more of your little sticky buns!

XOXO

topcat said...

Oh, good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!! xo

Tam said...

Wait until I catch that Murphy dude, he'll be in BIG trouble!! Glad that you are okay and things weren't too bad. Good luck with the ultrasound, can't wait to hear the news!!