Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ticker

Okay, I've had a few requests to add a ticker to my sidebar, and I finally did it. I have to tell you, I just previewed it and almost had a heart attack, though. I can't explain it, but I somehow feel so raw and exposed now or something. I know in my head that's silly, but for some reason it still feels so hard to make me believe I'm here and that something won't happen. And, even though I realize that the ticker has nothing to do with whether anything happens, it feels like the one thing I can control, so I've been scared to add it.

But, I do love checking in on other's tickers to see where they are, so I'm going to try to keep it. I warn you, though, I may wimp out. I'm weak, I admit it.

Enough about that. I'll come up with something more interesting and less wimpy to say soon. :-)

7 comments:

Waiting Amy said...

We understand, whether it stays or goes.

But it is nice to see your stickies bouncing around in there. :)

Erin said...

I like it too! But I totally get what you're saying. I've been debating getting one myself, but don't feel quite right about it yet. Maybe when I get as far as you!!

Diana said...

YAY for the ticker!!! I love when blogs have tickers, it's so much easier to keep track of where they are.

chicklet said...

I'd be freaked out to do it too - it's one more step to admitting it's finally really hapepning.

Sarah said...

you already know i understand. but it is TIME for the ticker!! you're more than halfway there!

and can i just say, on a less perky positive note, we infertiles are so good with our defenses, but i'm not so sure it's a good thing in those cases when things don't work out, that we've gone so far out of our way to make it like it almost never happened. so while i understand the the fear of the jinx, i guess my feeling is that it's time now to at least acknowledge that you've come this far, whatever the future holds.

Kim said...

It's real. It's really real.

megan said...

i like seeing them, but understand if you can't keep it. glad to hear all is well. it's really happening, sticky!