Monday, February 04, 2008

Which one of these things is not like the other?

For reasons I can't fully explain, I still have my account at fertil1tyfr1end.com. I don't pay for it, but I surf over to view the pregnancy tracker every now and then to check in on milestones, etc.

Of course one of the other things on the "pregnancy" page is a list of tips from "real" pregnant women. They're typically mildly irritating, but otherwise pretty benign. Today, though, I surfed over and found this helpful tip from Julie from Chicago:
Early in our pregnancy we began buying diapers when they were on sale or if we had a coupon. We bought all sizes, especially the larger sizes. Now, when we have the baby we will have a good supply of diapers and will have spread the cost out over many months.
Um, really?? You began stocking up on DIAPERS months before you gave birth?

And that, my friends, is the clearest example of the chasm between fertiles and infertiles I've seen in a long time...

8 comments:

anna said...

This Julie is in Chicago, right?! Don't worry- I'll track her down and teach her a thing or two I've learned while on this bumpy infertility road!

Waiting Amy said...

Good grief! Where would you put them all anyway!

I can't believe you have 8 weeks to go?! But that's a singleton due date, right? What is the latest plan with your OB? Fill us in!

Kristen said...

I'm finding it hard to even buy maternity clothes that are needed right now. I have coupons for BRU that expire soon and I can't bring myself to use them.

SaraS-P said...

I guess two lines always lead to a live baby, right??? Julie sure seems to think so!

That actually stings, seeing that evidence of blind optimism. I had it once. I kinda miss it.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

That was my plan, too, but it was also my plan to get pregnant in the first few months. Good thing I got 2 packs of the swaddlers at my shower because if not this kid may have come into this world with out any!

Nearlydawn said...

Oh My - I am 35 weeks pregnant and STILL worried about stocking up on diapers. I'm worried that I'll buy a bunch of them and NOT NEED THEM! Since that will break my heart totally I have decided to start with only the couple of packs we have been given as gifts and then buy more only when I'm sure I've got a real live baby to put in them!

pregnancy said...

This is quiet interesting to note and is very important to pregnant moms that during pregnancy they should keep the stock of diapers no one knows when it will be required so we must keep in abundant. Offers will be their at stores if anyone had a coupon.

Sarah said...

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! i totally remember coming across the exact same thing and having the same reaction! but then i freaked out about the diaper genie in the last few weeks and insisted we go buy some refills. then became convinced i'd cursed us and promptly regretted it. still haven't used them all, they last longer than i thought.