Saturday, March 15, 2008

No babies yet, but the countdown is on...

37 weeks 2 days and no signs of any progress. I’m barely dilated (less than 1 cm), and just a little bit effaced.

You know, I spent so long worry about delivering early, it just didn’t occur to me that I’d be nearing 38 weeks with no signs of labor whatsoever. Life’s funny, huh?

I did have another u/s on Thursday and it looks like the stickies are 6lbs 8oz and 6lbs 10oz, respectively. There is a pretty big margin for error right now with the measurements, but it looks like they’re still thriving and growing. In fact, they still seem to be tracking at the 50th percentile for singletons, which is great. So, if I do go all the way to next Friday (um, yeah, that’s 6 days from now. We’re not talking about that right now…) they’ll have a great shot at being close to (or even more than) 7lbs. That would be really exciting—it would help them sleep better, eat better, etc. Go, l’il sticky buns!

In other news, it turns out that the internal exam they do to see just how dilated and effaced you are is the most g-damn uncomfortable and invasive procedure I’ve ever had to sit through. And I’ve been through an HSG, four IUIs, egg retrieval, transfer, and more transvaginal ultrasounds than I know what to do with. I swear to god I almost drop-kicked the f’ing ob when he said—for the THIRD time—just relax your legs, just relax your LEGS.

If my belly were any smaller, I would have shot up, yanked his pen1s, and told him to relax his f’ing legs. He’d better watch his back at my follow up appointment after delivery is all I have to say.

Other than that, no real news. I’m really hoping I go into labor on my own before Friday; it’s my only chance to avoid a c-section, and I’d at least like the chance for a vaginal birth. But, no matter what, I’m not going to stress. I’m just hoping that whatever happens, the stickies come out healthy and happy—that’s all I really care about. ☺

13 comments:

E said...

Wow - such great news! I know you're super uncomfortable, but can you imagine 7 lbs babies?? Even now they seem to be in great shape. You're one damn good incubator! I'll be hoping for some labor signs soon for you!

xoxo

Dov said...

Thanks for posting today, I needed a positive story! I'm so happy that things are good and the stickies are strong. Hoping you get some relief and even the birth you'd like! Thinking of you this week!

Waiting Amy said...

OOps, my Dh was logged in. That last comment was from me!

Anonymous said...

Not a single contraction made me want an eipidural. An internal exam made me want an epidural.
Congrats on such big twins. I know how amazing that is.

Diana said...

Oh wow! You have done such a great job with this pregnancy. They must be so happy and comfortable in there!!! I hope you go into labor on your own and have a vaginal delivery since that is what you are hoping for. Best of luck to you, this week should be very exciting!!

MichelleAnn said...

You have done so well! Anytime now!!! I know you can't wait to meet them!!

Heather said...

I just found your blog! I'm also 37 weeks and 3 days today w/ twins! If I don't go into labor on my own this week (I'm hoping to - I'm already dilated/effaced) I will be induced Thursday!

I didn't get a chance yet to read your whole blog, but would they try to induce you at all on Friday instead of going straight to C-section?

Good luck to you!

anna said...

Good job! I can't believe your stickies are so big...that's fantastic! I really hope you go into labor spontaneously this week because I seem to follow your every move and would really like to have these babes soon as well!!! Good luck and know that your fellow twin mama-to-be is thinkin of you!

Bumble said...

Oh how exciting!!! Not long to go now! I'll be thinking of you as you experience this most AMAZING and beautiful time!!! Enjoy your littlies x

Sarah said...

thank you! that effacement/dilation check was TORTURE! i thought it was just me!

hurray! and congratulations!! i'm so so excited for you!

Delenn said...

Great news! Looking forward to meeting the Stickies!

Ms. Planner said...

The anticipation! Is Mr. SB a basketball fan? Just asking because maybe the stickies are just waiting for that all-important game to commence before they decide to make their appearance. I'll be thinking thoughts of natural dilation for you all week. And way to go on your supreme skills as an incubator!

Kristen said...

Wow, those sticky buns sure are comfy in there! I'm glad they are thriving and all is well. And so sorry about the cervix checking. That sounds very unpleasant and I've had a colposcopy, LEEP, HSG and numerous transvaginal ultrasounds too.

Sending some labor vibes your way soon!!! XOXO