Friday, June 13, 2008

Awkward conversations

It turns out that this couple--you remember, the ones with the giant inflatable stork?--had their second child about three weeks before the stickies. And, we've run into her and her husband quite a bit on our walks with doggie...and, well, it turns out we've got a lot in common and we've started to get friendly. To the point where I think we might hang out.

How long do you think before I tell them that I almost mutilated their stork in a fit of infertility-induced rage?

4 comments:

Dianne said...

HAHAHA - I hope you do. Also, I hope they have a good sense of humor :).

E said...

That will be the test of your friendship. If she laughs, you've found a true friend.

I don't know what happened, but Bloglines didn't alert me to about your last 6 posts! I guess I need to use the old-fashioned way of blog reading.

Such a bummer about your anonymous poster. Even if I could wrap my head around why they feel the way they do, I'll never understand why they felt the need to berate you like that on your own blog. JERK!

And for what it's worth, I completely understand your hope to avoid post-work meltdowns. I've got a friend whose baby has them and it's all her husband knows of his kid. You can see it wearing on him, so you're completely in the right to be trying to avoid that. Frankly, any way you can avoid meltdowns in your kid - no matter the time of day - I think it's a sign of good parenting.

Any recent pictures of those sleeping superstars??

Ms. Planner said...

Hee hee hee. Oh the stork. You should tell her but please don't tell her about how we mocked her in our comments. TMI :)

Sarah said...

love it. you'll have to let us know how it goes...