Thursday, October 02, 2008

Crawling and colds

Yes, that’s right, my 6 month old babies are crawling. Well, Sweet Potato is full-on crawling. Monkey Girl is almost there. She’s got forward motion and can get from point A to point B, but it’s not technically a crawl yet.

Oh, and sweet potato has started pulling up as well.

Did I mention these children are 6 months old?

Holy sh*t, we’re in trouble.

I of course ran out to BRU to get gates. Ironically, I ran into a couple who had twins. The twins were snuggled nicely into their car seats, riding in the double snap n go. I thought to myself, “I remember those days, when we could take the kids on errands like that. Back in those months where they’d sleep anywhere and didn't want to be on the move every. waking. moment.”

So, as I gazed at the one was snoozing away, and the other placidly looking around. I asked, “oh, how old?”

“6 months.”

Huh??

I don't know what you've experienced, but the two six month olds I know are a.) in bed by 6:30 (frequently by 6:00) every night and b.) if they were awake, they'd be crawling all over BRU, not happily looking around from their carseats.

I'm not complaining. They're super-fun. We went to the aquarium last weekend and they actually really enjoyed it. Sweet potato particularly loved the frogs. And monkey girl pet a starfish. So, I'm glad they're moving into an age when they can really enjoy things.

But you better believe that the gates are going up this weekend!

In other news, my two sweet little babies have the beginnings of their first cold. You know who gave it to them? Me.

Crap. I suck.

I just hope it isn't too bad. I know they have to get sick eventually, but it makes me so sad.

*sigh*

But, to leave us on a high note, look how big they've gotten!

10 comments:

megan said...

they are SO cute! that shot of them on the gymini is just adorable!

i think we're going to have a creepy crawly one on our hands soon too! have fun, and good luck keeping up!

Waiting Amy said...

Wow! Incredible, they are so big! I can't imagine we could be anywhere close to that in 3 months (although mine were much earlier than yours, so we probably need another month or two to come close).

They are beautiful my dear, and will bounce right back from that cold!

E said...

Cute and intelligent?!? Amazing. But it must be a little crazy that they're moving around on you already! Thanks for posting the photos!!

E said...

Oh - sorry about the colds! But kudos for avoiding it this long! Mine are on their 2nd colds already. Ugh.

Kate said...

So, SO cute!!!

InfertileMadWoman said...

OMG!!! They are adorable!! You did good Mommy!!!

Sarah said...

they are huge (in a very petite sort of way) and completely gorgeous!!! yeah i don't know where people get these babies that just chill out in a stroller. piper didn't do that past 3 months or so.

Ms. Planner said...

Darn cute AND athletic...when are they going for swimming lessons?

So good to catch up on the stickies. That adorable dark and curly hair. You are one lucky momma.

anna said...

They're so big and so cute! I can't believe they have so much hair...I'm jealous. And your babes are crawling already?! I need to get mine working out so they can catch up!

onthecurb said...

Whoa! Crawling already?! I don't know whether to congratulate you or offer my pity.

My twins are 9-months old and have just started crawling. Well, the boy gets around anywhere he wants; the girl, thus far, only goes in reverse and cries about it. Poor thing. But, it is non-stop Go! Go! Go! around here.

Sorry about the cold. We recently went through the same thing and yes, I felt terrible for them. But, they bounce back so quickly.

You've got some adorably bright kiddos there.