Friday, March 20, 2009

Super Bowl

It's hard to express in a post how I'm feeling right now. My babies--my sweet little stickies--turn 1 tomorrow.

I feel like this momentous occasion wants for a super bowl-style post. You know, something deep and eloquent that captures all of the emotions I'm feeling right now.

Instead, though, I find myself--as I have a lot lately!--somewhat at a loss for words. The truth is, there is no way to sum up the past year. It was, in every sense of the words, life altering. One year ago, almost to the hour, my life was permanently altered. I was given two beautiful little gifts. Two gifts that have given me more joy than I have ever or will ever know. Two gifts who will test me in ways I can't even contemplate right now.

Happy Birthday, my sweet little sticky buns! Thanks for the best year yet.



9 comments:

E said...

Oh my god, they are indescribably cute. Cute isn't even the right word. I was actually going to your blog to comment on your most recent post and beg you for photos and what do I see upon refreshing? These gorgeous kids. So fun. Happy Birthday to them and to you. Happy Happy Year!!!!

anna said...

Happy First Birthday, Beautiful Sticky Buns! It is amazing the ride we've been on this past year, huh?!

Lena said...

Hello,

I've been reading your blog for over a year - during my IVF cycle, pregnancy and after my daughters were born but this is the first time I am commenting. I generally not much for comments but I just had to say that your twins are so so cute! Congratulations! I know how amazing it feels when they turn a year (even though I was a month behind you during pregnancy, my girls were born 9 weeks early so we already celebrated their 1 year birthday). Anyway - congratulations again!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Stickies!! May the coming years be filled with as much wonder as the first one was. They are so adorable.

Tam said...

What Beautiful stickies you have there sweetie. I'm so glad that motherhood is that and even more!

Happy birthday babies!

Ms. Planner said...

Oh those little stickies are incredibly adorable. I mean, really, really cute. And I cannot believe they are 1 already! Congrats to you for getting through the first year. Huge props, too, for getting back in the saddle with the FET.

Rachel said...

Such a sweet post, and gorgeous photos!

~Hollie said...

How absolutely beautiful you children are. I know you are proud. Happiest of First Birthdays to your twins!

I just found your blog because I ran into a comment on another blog. I didn't know that there was another "sticky bun" out there. Its what I've been calling my lil smidgen up until now. I hope I dont diminish your name for the kiddos. My affinity for STICKY BUNS really helped me to pick the pastry name.

Glad to find you in the blogosphere!

Sarah said...

so totally sweet! happy belated birthday.