Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2:30am *Updated*

I woke up this morning at 2:30am and REALLY had to pee, but just lay there like a deer in headlights.

Do I test now, or pee quickly, go back to bed, get some sleep and test at 6:00?

I couldn't decide which would give me the better chance of actually sleeping.

I ultimately decided to test. I was all nervous and worked up and figured I wouldn't sleep either way, so I might as well just end the anticipation.

You can imagine my surprise when...

Well, that was supposed to be the dramatic pause before I posted a photo of a positive hpt. My phone won't let me upload it, but the news is the same. We have cleared hurdle #1.

I'm still waiting (on pins and needles) for my beta and will update as soon as I have it, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

I still have my "no congratulations" rule. These early days just feel WAY too tentative for that. But we're certainly thrilled with step 1.

Thanks to everyone for your support. You don't know how much I lean on it! :-)

Update:
Just heard back from the nurse and the number is 88.6 (on what I guess is the equivalent of 14dpo). I guess that's fine, but I was hoping for more than 100. Back Friday for another. Fingers crossed for better than 180.

15 comments:

Flower said...

I am so excited for you!! Can't wait for your beta news.

Meghan said...

I won't say congrats but you've got to make it past the first step to get to the end goal. Hope you get a nice big number!

E said...

No congrats here, but how about a HOLY MOLY! Can't wait to hear the beta. xoxo

aretheytwins said...

Hoping for a good beta!!

Belly Laughs said...

Sending positive vibes your way for continued good news.

InfertileMadWoman said...

Aww Cool!!! Good Luck on the next one!!

Kristen said...

FX and doubling vibes coming your way! YAY for conquering the first hurdle!

Cece said...

Doubling is all that matters! Hurrah!

anna said...

YEY!!! How great! Holding my breath till the Friday beta!

Leah said...

Okay, no congratulations here, but I am still doing a little happy dance around the office. :-)

Nearlydawn said...

Your thaw results alone gave me hope! Now this!

We are setting up to try a FET with just 1 ebryo - your results have made a bright spot in my week.

I'll be sending supportive thoughts your way!

Caro said...

Ok none of the C word but definitely a big smile for you.

Tam said...

Not saying congrats but woo hoo!!!

Praying that the next beta is wonderful and that soon we'll see a little bean or two on a scan.

Big hugs xxx

Angie said...

Very cool, can't wait to hear about the next Beta!!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I'm very excited and optimistic...I'll congratulate you later.