Wednesday, July 22, 2009

D&C

The D&C today was physically pretty uneventful. I'm not really even in a hell of a lot of discomfort right now, which seems sort of strange to me. I guess the whole experience has helped with my denial plan in a lot of ways, though I'm not entirely certain that should be chalked up as a "pro."

Hubby and I have started talking about next steps. It's too early to decide, but we're at least contemplating IVF. I don't know yet if it's the grief and disappointment talking or something more. Time will tell, I suppose.

For now, we just feel like we've been taken. And we're both just sad and angry about it. If only that helped.

*sigh*

7 comments:

Michele said...

hugs...

Kristen said...

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. If you need to talk about things, I'm here. (((HUGS)))

Sarah said...

oh no, i'm so sorry. I feel awful that I missed the last several posts (realizing of course that is the least of your concerns), but please know i am thinking of you.

i'm so mad that you're going through this! we have paid our dues for YEARS now dammit! its just so wrong that after graduating, parenting, you have to go back to that place. is that ridiculous? it's no more or less fair now than ever before but DAMN i thought you were supposed to get an easier ride this time.

i have many insensitive questions (like do the stickies make it easier to bear or is it all just making mommyhood very hard, etc) but i'll just let you tell your story as it unfolds, as you see fit. just know i am hear and ready to listen to anything you want to say.

Ms. Planner said...

It is good to grieve and get mad.

It is also therapeutic to have a plan to get you where you want to be. I admire your determination in the face of adversity. Besides, this girl loves a good plan :)

My thoughts are with you today.

Caro said...

So sorry.

Rachel said...

I just clicked over to your blog and I am so, so sorry.

Kate said...

I am so, so sorry.