Monday, December 28, 2009

162

Thanks to everyone who's been checking in and for your well wishes! I'm happy to report that I'm officially pregnant--I HOPE for the long haul.

I was on pins and needles all day waiting for my beta. Today is 16dper, so I was really hoping for something greater than 250. (I wish I knew less about these fucking numbers so that I'd just be happy with the damn positive and not cloud it with all of this hyperanalysis!) Anyhow, the beta came back at 162. Technically within the normal range, whatever that means, but definitely lower than I wanted, greedy wench that I am. :-)

I go back in Wednesday for another beta. I have to say that I kind of wish I didn't go in again until later this week or next. I'm not entirely convinced that every-other-day monitoring does much more than give me additional fodder to freak out over every detail. I mean, I think we all know that they aren't going to do anything until my first ultrasound, which I assume will be next week, when they verify that the pregnancy is intrauterine. Last time my numbers started lower than I would have liked, but rebounded and doubled really nicely by the end. But the outcome was crap, obviously. So, I've basically lost interest in monitoring. (Of course, because they ARE monitoring, I absolutely will overanalyze and overthink every blood draw. How could I not!)

For now, I'm just so grateful to have passed step 1. As hubby always says, you can't have a baby without a first positive and a first number. So, we've cleared the first hurdle. Now, I just want to fast-forward to the all-important heartbeat ultrasound, which my clinic does at about 7.5 weeks. Three LONG weeks from now. Distractions welcome.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to just be excited about the possibility of a happy ending with a happy sticky bean. Come on l'il bean! :-)

11 comments:

aretheytwins said...

Hope the next few weeks fly by and end with great news!!

Meghan said...

Hurray!!! Congrats! I like your hubby's attitude. He's right (but I too obsess over every number)

anna said...

YEY!!! I'm so happy for you! Did you POAS before? I was thinking of you over the holiday and definitely thought that you're a much stronger woman than I am if you held out! Anyhow, stop analyzing (impossible, right!?) and take good care of yourself- you're carrying precious cargo!

Tam said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am very pleased for you my friend!!!

Hoping and praying that all goes according to plan and that the monitoring and the next few weeks fly by!!

Big hugs xxx

Life in Eden said...

Excellent! If it is any comfort, my betas were borderline for a singleton and then we had the twins. There are lots of variations.

Hang in there! Try this site for distraction, it can be addictive:
http://www.popularfront.com/snowdays/

Angie said...

Congratulations!! Hoping and praying that all goes well from here on out and you have a very uneventful and healthy pregnancy!

InfertileMadWoman said...

AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you!!! Stick little girl, stick!!!!

Sarah said...

waiting not-so-patiently right along with you with everything crossed! grow little one, do your thing!!

Miss K said...

That is wonderful!!!!!

exileinkidville said...

great news, sticky!

Michele said...

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!