Sunday, December 13, 2009

And then there were three...

I got the fertilization report this afternoon--three of the eggs fertilized, so we're looking at a day 3 transfer (Tuesday). I have to admit to being a little disappointed. Last cycle, I kept getting pleasantly surprised by having our expectations exceeded.

Last time, we were expecting 5-6 eggs, hoping for 7-8, but got 10. Then 8 of the 10 fertilized. Then they all grew out to day 5 and we had two cute ones to transfer with two to freeze. It was really one pleasant surprise after another. This cycle...not so much. (I know I shouldn't compare, it's just hard not to. And I am a little disconcerted by how different these two cycles look. I mean, for the love of god, I'm not THAT much older!!)

But, hopefully the three embryos are great quality. I realize that's what matters. If they're all three looking GREAT tomorrow, they might extend me to a day 5 transfer. But in all likelihood, it'll be Tuesday.

Either way, I just hope there's a keeper in there. :-)

Come on, l'il embryos! Grow!

7 comments:

Michele said...

praying for your babies!

anna said...

Sorry that you're feeling disappointed. We only had 3 to transfer, and I actually think that was better because then we didn't have to worry about what the do about the frozen embies later on. Out of our 3, only 2 were decent quality, and still... Anyhow, good luck! Sending you calm vibes to make it through this week!

beyondinfertility said...

Pulling for you!

Life in Eden said...

I know that feeling. It isn't easy. But like you said, you just need that quality egg. We had 7, and 6 fert and I was on cloud nine, thinking we'd make it to day 5 and have frosties. But we didn't. Transfer on day 3 of 2 good 8-cell and one so-so 6-cell. That resulted in the twins. So, hold on to hope.

Keep busy, I know this will be a tough few weeks!

Sarah said...

Three is a very lucky number you know. how are the little ones doing today?

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wishing you luck!!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wishing you luck!!