Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Limping towards retrieval...

I had another scan and bloodwork this morning. My E2 level has finally eeked it's way above 1,000--on day THIRTEEN of stims. !!! And there are a handful of follies. It's like waking the dead in my ovaries--it's like there ARE eggs in there, it just takes a pickaxe, shovel, and 60 gallons of men0pur to find them.

Unfortunately, there is still one follie that has taken the lead--22-23mm. That one is ready to go, really, but Smirky is trying to let the others bake another day or two before trigger in the hopes that some of the smaller ones will catch up. It's a risky game, but I trust him.

So, I think he wants me to stim tonight and tomorrow, but I go back tomorrow, I assume to see if that's possible or whether I just need to trigger tomorrow.

I'm definitely glad that it looks like we'll make it to retrieval. This is our last shot at an IVF, so I definitely wanted to give it our all and get as far as possible.

And, for now, we'll just take it one step at a time...

4 comments:

Michele said...

Fingers crossed!!!

Ms. Planner said...

If I could come up with a cheer to spur your follies toward rapid maturity, I totally would.

Pinky shake for good luck!

Life in Eden said...

Yes, I was no cheerleader, but I would jump and shout too! Good luck sweetie!

Sarah said...

hallelujah, so glad you're going to make it to transfer!! you're really on the roller coaster this time though, aren't you? grow, grow, grow!