Saturday, December 12, 2009

Waiting... **updated

I'm sitting in the hospital waiting fo retrieval. My clinic is affiliated with a huge university center in the city, so my last retrieval took place downtown in a much bigger, more impersonal center.

Since then, the University has built a satellite full service lab in the hospital where I delivered the stickies. What a difference! This hospital is swank to begin with, and the setting is so intimate by contrast. I have my own room with a TV where I can lie down, under covers, watching TV while I wait.

Oh, and there is wifi. :-)

I will take it as a good sign that the first channel I turned to was playing "Miracle," one of my favorite movies.

Miracle indeed, we hope. I'll keep you posted.

**Update
Retrieval went well. We got 6 eggs, which was about as many as we could have hoped for. We can't be certain they're all mature and fertilizable, so we need to wait until tomorrows all-important fertilization report. I forgot how this process makes you feel like you're sitting on pins and needles every step of the way. Come on, l'il eggs and sperm. Do your thing!

5 comments:

anna said...

EEEK! I'm so excited. Glad to hear that you're in good spirits and that there were 6. I only got a few on my retrieval and still ended up with the twins so you never can tell! Thanks for updating.

Erin said...

Woo hoo! 6 is great!

Life in Eden said...

Excellent! I only had 7 on our cycle that resulted in our twins. Keeping all crossed and waiting for fert report!

Sarah said...

Hurray for a half dozen eggs! Any word on the little six yet?

Michele said...

Praying for you and your 6!