Monday, January 18, 2010

Exhale...

I have to say, I think I grow about 50 extra gray hairs in the 10 minutes between getting called back for the ultrasound and when we actually see something on the monitor. Today was no different. My heart was literally pounding out of my chest. It was RACING. I just wanted to get on with it because, at this point, I just wanted an answer. (Well, okay, I wanted a particular answer, but you get it.)

Smirky inserted the wand and very quickly poked around to see a lovely, beating heart. 148bpm--the exact same as one of the stickies back at that 7.5 week ultrasound.

I cried. It was like the release of 7 weeks worth of built-up tension. I have to admit that, while I did let hope in, I was having trouble envisioning anything but another "I'm sorry but..." conversation.

So, we're going to start the PIO weaning process this week--HOORAY for that. And I need to make an appointment with my OB to officially transfer me into their care.

I know better than to think this means we just sail smoothly to the happy delivery of a healthy baby, but it's certainly a good step in that direction.

I guess my next big milestone isn't until the nuchal scan, which if memory serves doesn't happen until about 11 or 12 weeks. It's going to be a long way until then!

9 comments:

aretheytwins said...

Congratulations! Great update!!!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Congratulations on a strong heartbeat!

anna said...

YEY YEY YEY! My big, fat, awkward body is literally jumping up and down right now with excitement for you!!!!! What an amazing sign that it's the same heartbeat as the stickies. And yes, darling, the nuchal scan is around 11-12 weeks. Can't wait to hear future updates! Is it sad that you being pregnant with itty bitty baby number 3 makes me feel tons better about my number 3 surprise baby!? We've been sisters in this all along, and it just feels wrong otherwise!

Life in Eden said...

Glad for you. Good news.

Meghan said...

Wonderful news!!!! So excited for you

Sarah said...

hurray, hurray, hurrayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! it's not just a step, it's a HUGE step! a huge WONDERFUL step, YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Kate said...

Congratulations on this huge milestone! I've been awful with reading and commenting lately, I'm sorry.

Ms. Planner said...

Sorry to be late on this but I am SO HAPPY to hear this news. Another hurdle cleared! I hope you find lots of distractions (and time to rest) until the next one.

JJ said...

Congrats!! :D