Sunday, March 21, 2010

2x2

My sweet stickies turned two today. Two years old. They've almost been with us longer than we suffered through any IF nonsense. And, I can honestly say that these two sweet, smiling faces do make the pain we felt fade away. Not completely, but pretty dramatically. I know that's in part because the pain we felt, while so raw at the time, is so much less than so many others have and are suffering through. And my heart still aches for everyone who's seen so much worse, and for everyone on at the beginning of a very long journey.

And, because of all of that, I can't help but look at these faces everyday and just be so very thankful about how lucky we are.

At the same time, I can't believe they're two. I really feel like we went from 0 to 60 in about 3 seconds.




9 comments:

Caro said...

Happy birthday stickies

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Happy Birthday, Stickies. My little guy turned 2 last week and it is so hard to believe it. Your kids are adorable!

anna said...

Happy birthday, adorable Stickies!!! They are just too cute. I can't believe my little duo is turning 2 in a couple weeks as well. Just wait till #3 comes...what a crazy roller coaster!!!

Miss K said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't believe they're two!

Michele said...

such cutiepies!

Belly Laughs said...

Happy, happy! Enjoy your adorable little ones! How did two years go by so quickly?!

Tam said...

Happy belated birthday sweeties :)

I also can't believe that it's gone so fast and I must tell you that they are absolutely adorable!

I'm glad that you are on the otherside of all this now, keep us posted about the one baking too ;)

Ms. Planner said...

Belated happy birthday to the adorable little stickies. It is amazing how quickly they go from baby to child as the approach birthday #2. So very happy for you that it all turned out this way.

JJ said...

Happy birthday kiddos! AND congrats on the boy news!